Learn the important steps immediately following an accident that may improve the outcome.
- After a motorcycle accident, the first step is to call the police. It is very important to ensure that they come to the scene of the accident. You should also identify any witnesses and gather their names and addresses. If possible, take pictures of the entire accident scene showing the vehicles after the accident, as well as individual photos of the damages to both vehicles.. Photos are an excellent tool for memorializing the scene. On a side note – DO NOT post your accident or your injuries on any social media sites until after you are advised by your attorney to do so.
- If you are injured (and even if you THINK you are not injured), you should seek medical treatment right away. Serious injuries that commonly result from motorcycle accidents, such as traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries and compound fractures, need immediate medical attention.
- Contact your Insurance Company and report the accident, or have someone do it for you. Do not give any statements to your insurance company or anyone else except for the police officer at the scene.
- The final step is to contact a motorcycle injury lawyer. I have been representing injured motorcyclists for many years. As a motorcyclist myself, I understand the challenges that riders face, and I know how devastating injuries from motorcycle accidents can be. I am prepared to take action to ensure that you are able to make a full recovery and receive the compensation you are entitled to.
Types of Motorcycle Accidents:
- Left Turn Accidents: The driver making a left turn in front of the motorcycle rider “they didn’t see” is one of the most common causes of injury to motorcyclists.
- Red light accidents: Many rear-end accidents occur when a motorcyclist is stopped at a red light, and a motorist miscalculates the stopping distance or does not notice the motorcycle in time.
- Single-bike accidents: Hazards in the road can lead to a collision with other vehicles, as well as single-bike accidents. In the case of single-bike accidents, bikers are often presumed to be at fault. However, road hazards are a common cause of single-bike accidents.
- Road hazards that can lead to injury include:
- Loose gravel
- Unmarked curves
- Uneven pavement
- Debris leftover from construction work
- Obscured road signs
By thoroughly investigating the accident, I can determine whether a defect in the road was the cause of your accident.
- Blind spot accidents: When a biker gets caught in a motorist’s blind spot, terrible injuries can result.
- Hit-and-run accidents: If you are hit by a driver who flees the scene, you have the ability to seek compensation from your own insurance policy. That is why it is extremely important to make sure that you carry the proper amount of Supplementary Uninsured Motorist (SUM) insurance. DOWNLOAD this .pdf document which explains why you need proper insurance.
- Trike and Can-Am accidents: Riders of Can-Ams and trikes face the same challenges as bikers do, and I am prepared to offer them the same representation.
Wrongful Death Claims
Motorcyclists are more vulnerable to death as the result of collision than motorists who drive cars or trucks. I am prepared to provide counsel and support to grieving families who seek compensation for their tragic losses.
Wrongful death compensation can cover funeral and burial expenses as well as replace the wages he or she would have earned over a lifetime. In some cases, such as those involving drunk drivers, the court may also award punitive damages.
In addition to compensation, wrongful death lawsuits can send a powerful message that motorists need to exercise more caution — and respect the rights of motorcyclists on the road.
Contact Motorcycle Mike | Serving New York Motorcyclists’ Needs
As a Long Island motorcycle injury attorney, I handle injury cases on a contingency fee basis. Schedule a free initial consultation by contacting my office at 866-639-5567 ext. 118.
Were You Recently Injured?
Fill out the form fields if you wish to be contacted by one of our Long Island Personal Injury/Accident Attorneys. We’re here to help answer your questions.
Please remember you can always call us for a quicker reply: 866-639-5567